LKN Scouting Report December 24, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I got a late start waiting on the windshield and side curtains to thaw off the frost or ice on them. Went directly to Marker 18 and power drifted in a East to Southeast direction. Fished in 40 to 54' of water depth, water surface temp. was 50+ degrees, wind out of the ENE and I had cloud cover. Typical setup (four Carolina Rigs out the back and two side planer boards). I had two very nice cats on for a short/short, then nothing. Retrieved the rigs and found out the hook had turned into the bait on both misses. Managed to get two in the teens into the boat and one eater size. I will revisit this area because I marked plenty of bait and striper arches. I'm sure they feed at daylight and I missed that because I did not get there until 9:30 due to the ice and or frost on the boat and gang plank.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Never tired of readin about your trips. :wink:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The man even fishes on a holiday, that's a company man there. Workin' when everybody else is off:wink::smile2:

4. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mac

Keep reporting on those fishing trips. I'm ready to go with ya again....:big_smile::big_smile:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice lookin cat's Mac, keep on sending your posts and fish pictures I enjoy reading them. Sister Pat.:big_smile: