LKN Perch Jerking 6-18-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have my first white perch trip tomorrow morning, so I went scouting for a secondary spot. There are plenty in my cove, but you always need a backup. I found some not too far away and it maybe a better spot than I have been fishing. The water temp. dropped last night to 83 degrees and I had 5 to 8 MPH winds. Total count on white perch was 62 and I gave ten to another catter out on the water.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Did you say you were taking someone out for a white perch trip Mac??? Are they good eating????

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    When you catch them and eat them right away, they are as good as shellcrackers, white bass and large blue gills. The best size to eat is the 1/2 to 1.5 pounders with the bone in.

4. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    Have you had good success using them as cat bait?

how would you put them up against shad, better/ worse?

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Rob, I seldom use shad of any kind for catfish bait. I use white perch, bream, bass, striper, etc. and I probably catch as many cats as anyone on my home lake. Preparation and presentation of any kind of bait is what is most important. Visit the Publication Section at the begining of this forum and go to 'Mac Byrum's Catfish University' and you can read and see how to do it.

6. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    Sounds good Mac, i'll check it out