LKN May 27, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I invited brother Topname to go scouting with me this morning. We started fishing at 7:15 AM and pulled everything in at a little before 10 AM. Rather stout wind out of the SW, thus I worked the southern bank of a long creek close to Stutts Marina. Surface water temp. was 73.6 to 74.1 degrees and the water was stained. Bait of choice was white perch and bream. Topname (Terrance) and myself caught 13 blues and two channel cats. Most were in the range of 4 to 6 pounds, plus I caught a nice blue. We started the trip off with a double and had another one later on.

2. thex1224

thex1224 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Some good looking cats Mac, Thanks for the post.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I hit Lake Norman around 6:20am and headed to Davidson Creek. I was greeted with some rough water and winds from the southwest.

I was fishing withing radio range of LakeNormanBlues today. My take was about half blues and small channel cats, but I did manage one nice 10 pound blue in the creek beside Mac. I have to thank Turfman for calling, because when the phone rings fish bite!!! :big_smile:

LakeNormanBlues and myself had about the same number of fish when he headed in, but I decided to stay out a couple of more hours and fish. Right before my "stop fishing" deadline of 12:30pm, I hit a streak of blues in 12-14 feet of water and put five in the boat in about ten minutes.

I ended my trip with 25 catfish, all released, and evenly split between bream and white perch baits.

4. thex1224

thex1224 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice Catch WylieCat. Must have been a good morning to be out on the lake. Maybe the fish didnt feed all weekend with all the boat traffic on the water. On saturday, i took a ride down near the "Raft-up", i dont think gas prices are keeping too many people off the water....

5. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    I had alot fun today thanks Mac. The cats are not mad at me anymore lol