LKN May 20, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 20, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had six fellows that wanted to go cattin' and this afternoon was the only time they could get together. Well, if you stepped outside today, you know that the wind was blowing. I picked them up at 1:15 PM and it was fairly calm (8 MPH), but by the time I got to our fishing area it was blowing 15 to 20 MPH out of the SW, with gust of 30. So, I turned the boat into the wind and ran my MinnKota at position 6 and off we went. Bait of choice was white perch heads and side filets. I had a party of six and everybody caught a blue, the largest was 11 pounds caught by fellow that had never caught anything larger than a bluegill. Everybody was happy and so was I.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks Mac, keep them reports coming in!!!!

3. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    MAc its days like this that seperate guys like us from guys like you......meaning when the winds get that bad we usually get gone and you go out and put together a game plan and still make FISHIN happen! Glad to hear you got em all on some fish!! Congrats.

4. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    THANXS FOR THE REPORT MAC!

5. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks Mac always good to know whats going on out there