LKN June 13, 2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Friday the 13 tnth was a good one for me this morning. I had as my guest a granddad and his six year old grandson. Little wind out of the NE and North, water surface temp. was 86 degrees and water was stained. Bait of choice was bream and white perch. Not a single bite off the bream on the planer boards. The white perch strips and heads did the trick. Fishing was slow as far as the cats were concern, but we managed to put four in the boat, the largest was 28 pounds. We lost count of the white perch that the young fellow caught on the Sabiki Rig. Photo of the big one is attached.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Wow, that's a nice fish Mac, thanks for the reports & pics

3. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish Mac, have the fish finished spawning on norman yet and started putting the feed bag on for the summer yet? Can't wait for those big females to start feeding up big again.

4. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Nice info Mac I love to hear abot kids having fun. I can't wait for mine to start fishing

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina

Cant say any more than that!! Congrats on a good trip!!

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice trip there Mac. I'd take quality over quantity any day of the week! I'm sure the little dude really enjoyed catching all those perch as well.

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I finally got the photo's of six year old Justin with some of his white perch. There were five on the rig.