LKN Fishing Report September 4, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bad day to fish for cats today, full moon and wind out of the North East at 5 to 10 MPH.

My long time Friday fishing partner/Cliff, unless I have a guide trip, picked me up at my dock at 7 AM and off we went to Lucky Creek. We fished in front of the shoal sign and in the water to the South of the shoal sign down to where the fellows feeds the ducks and geese. We had crappie, white perch and small thread fins for bait. Water temp. was 82.5 degrees and water was stained real bad. While power drifting for cats we ran across two large schools of white perch and put 66 of those rascals in the bait tank. On the catfish side, we ended up with two flatheads, one channel and one blue. I had the largest flathead and thus I won our little bet. Back at my dock at 11:15 AM.

Photos of the sonar screen is attached depicting the white perch.

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Sounds like a productive morning

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    mac,
    thanks for the pics. Those always will help somebody:big_smile:

4. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    How big was the flathead?

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    On Friday we caught two flatheads, 5 and 7.5 pound. Went back to the same spot Saturday and my fishing partners wife caught a 19+ pounder on a perch strip.