LKN Fishing Report September 25, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I picked my Friday fishing partner, Cliff, up at seven bells at his dock and we headed up river to Cornelius Creek. Water temp. was 82.7 degrees and water was stained. Little if any wind until 9:30 AM. Bait of choice was freshly filleted bass, white perch strips and perch heads and some live bait. Todays trip had two purposes, first was to scout out the area and the second was to get some fresh blue catfish filet's for the NC Gathering.

I do believe if we had of had some fresh scrimp and smaller hooks on we would have caught a ton of channel cats. Instead, we had some bass strips and some white perch strips. Largest blue was 9 3/4 pounds, followed by some 5's and 6's with a couple of smaller one. We threw back all the channel cats. The larger fish came from the perch heads.

Back at Cliff's dock at high noon.

PS, my dog Jackie is watching one of the perch rods. She barks a little bit when she see it bouncing and barks like the world is coming to an end when it loads up.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Mac Man! The photo of Jackie has got to be the photo of the year! You done went and let the cat out of the bag! I've heard of deer dogs, squirell dogs, coon dogs, fox dogs....But never a catfish dog! How much you want for Jackie? lol

Now we know your secret to catching all these cats!

3. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    Mac
    How are you enjoying your new boat? Are you officially converted from center consoles?

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Jeff, I'm enjoying the boat just fine. But, I have found out that both type boats have their postive points. Another but, but this winter when I have the Lund enclosed and the heater going, then the Lund will win out over the open Sundance.