LKN Fishing Report October 30, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My clients today were two young fellows (both eleven) one of which, was my neighbors grandson and they wanted to give him a guided catfish trip for his birthday. His buddy was the son of NASCAR Crew Chief (Gregg Erwin) for Gregg Biffle's car. These boys had caught plenty of the shoreline variety of catfish, but nothing of any size. Time of trip was four hours (8 to 12).

Wind today was out of the NE at 5 to 10, water surface temp. was 69 degrees and we had cloud cover. I had live gizzard shad for bait which I cut before baiting the hooks. We had six drift rigs out and two Sabiki Rigs. The first two hours and 15 minutes was all bass and white perch. Then we got a double on the catfish rigs and the rest were singles. Total fish count was 18 white perch, approx. 11 bass and six blues (all in the four to six pound range), just perfect for their abilities.

2. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    More photo's

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Freekin awesome! How come none of them boys is touchin the fish? LOL!

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Boys ain't boys no more, they are scared!

5. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Nice work Mac, got them a good varitety of fish and no doubt a day of fishing that they soon won't forget. This is where the future of our sport is, taking and teaching the kids of today about fishing. You just can't beat that look on a kids face when they get hooked up with something new>:big_smile: