LKN Fishing Report November 7, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother CatSlayer715 (David Baker) drove all the way from Pitt Co. NC to fish with Mac and get the skunk off of him and catch a trophy cat.

I headed out to pick up David at 6:30 AM and was met by a fog bank from the get go. Finally arrived at the pickup point and found that a Bass tournament was taking place and they had 100 Bass boats sitting in the fog waiting for it to lift. We weaved our way thru them in the fog and ten minutes of more of no wake speed travel we found our first place to anchor down. We marked gobs of fish, what kind we do not know, anchored down and put out nine rigs. Thirty minutes later David's skunk was gone, but we did not have a trophy.

We moved after one hour to another trophy (?) spot and there was too much wind to anchor down. Move to a sheltered area and had plenty of bait marked along with some big arches. Stayed there for almost an hour and nothing. Moved again to a flat with some deep water to the East. Plenty of markings, bait and fish. After one hour the wind blew us off that spot.

Moved to the last spot where I have been catching fish for the past week, again marked plenty of bait and nice red arches. We had plenty of line jerking activity, but no hook ups. Gave up the effort and were in the process of bringing everything in, when David picked up the next to last rig, moved it a tad and he had a hookup, a nice little flathead.

We had favorable wind (SSW), good bait, but no real action. But, I think David enjoyed himself, I certainly enjoyed his company.

PS>With all those bass boats sitting all around me, while I was waiting on David to get in the boat and stow his stuff. I took out one of the bass in the live well and put the knife to it. All of a sudden, there was total silence around me. You might say that the devil made me do it. :wink:

2. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Just got home a little while ago. my 3 1/2 hour drive back was way better than my 5 1/2 hour drive there!

Had a great time Mac despite the fish's lock jaw. We'll do it again some time. I just hope my voodoo of scaring fish away didn't stick to your boat!! good luck tomorrow in the rock tourney.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein. Hope ya cut em real good. LOL!

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Catching fish is always better than not no matter what the size was.

5. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    PS>With all those bass boats sitting all around me, while I was waiting on David to get in the boat and stow his stuff. I took out one of the bass in the live well and put the knife to it. All of a sudden, there was total silence around me. You might say that the devil made me do it. :wink:

I hope it was a KEEPER, I'm sure those bass guys would have been crying if it was a 4 or 5 lbr. Too funny