LKN Fishing Report November 22, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Today was suppose to be my day to do some yard work (blow leaves around), nap and watch the final NASCAR race of the season. But, at 8:30 AM, one of my long time buds (Rawhide) called me and informed me that the cats were tearing up his striper baits (live bluegills) and he wanted me to come out there, catch and relocate the cats. I told him that I would be there by 9 AM.

A little before nine I arrived, cut my live white perch up and put a whole fillet on each hook. I had four regular catfish rigs out the back and two side planer boards. Water surface temp. was 58.6 degrees and the wind was out of the ENE at 5 to 10 MPH and I had cloud cover.

The first cat connected around 9:15 AM and he was the largest, a tad over twenty pounds and came off the shore side planer board. Before I could get that fish in, I had a strike on one of the regular CF rigs and he weighed about eighteen pounds. Fifteen or twenty minutes later another planer board scoots across the water and he weighed about fifteen pounds. A little after 9:45 I got my last strike, again on a side planner board and this was the smallest fish of the group.

All four blues were photographed, relocated and released for others to enjoy catching. Last photo can be view on the next page.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    One more photo

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks mac great pics

4. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Way to help a bud out!!!

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Nice catches.
    We'll be waiting to see the stripers!!

6. trolldaddy

trolldaddy New Member

State:
    nc
    way to go mac. :001:
    Anytime you need any help relocating those cats, call me. :big_smile: Haha!
    Looking forward to getting back on the water this week.

John

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Another good trip man. I got a feeling you're gonna get a good one here soon. Certainly put in the time on the water!