The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been off the waters of Lake Norman since the mid part of July, except for some white perch and spotted bass fishing. Earlier in July it was because I went into Acute Lung Failure and then in the early part of November my wife Frankie developed a mass in her left Ureter, which was found to be cancerous. This DX required that her Kidney and Ureter be removed which was done on November 11, and I'm pleased to say, the surgeon informed us yesterday that the cancer was incased within the Ureter and none of the adjoining nods were affected. Well, since them I've been the care taker doing the meals, most of which were brought in by friends, plus I did a little myself. Got a rush course on doing laundry and I already knew how to use the dishwasher.
This morning around nine AM the patient said, since I'm doing so well, why don't you got catin' fer a spell. I took her up on it and fished in the large cove we live by and at eleven bells I got blessed with a nice one.

(2) GOPR1851/LKN/Nice Little Pig/November 21, 2020 - YouTube

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good to see you back on the water... complete with a blue cat to welcome you back!

Prayers going up for you & your wife to stay healthy!

·
Premium Member
Eric from Traders Point, Indiana USA
2,126 Posts
Good news all around Mac! Thanks for sharing your first day back out, nice fish too sir.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
925 Posts
I have been off the waters of Lake Norman since the mid part of July, except for some white perch and spotted bass fishing. Earlier in July it was because I went into Acute Lung Failure and then in the early part of November my wife Frankie developed a mass in her left Ureter, which was found to be cancerous. This DX required that her Kidney and Ureter be removed which was done on November 11, and I'm pleased to say, the surgeon informed us yesterday that the cancer was incased within the Ureter and none of the adjoining nods were affected. Well, since them I've been the care taker doing the meals, most of which were brought in by friends, plus I did a little myself. Got a rush course on doing laundry and I already knew how to use the dishwasher.
This morning around nine AM the patient said, since I'm doing so well, why don't you got catin' fer a spell. I took her up on it and fished in the large cove we live by and at eleven bells I got blessed with a nice one.

(2) GOPR1851/LKN/Nice Little Pig/November 21, 2020 - YouTube
Good to see you back on the water, Mac! It does the soul good to be out there, doesn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts