LKN Fishing Report November 20, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Lake Norman was fogged in until about 8:30 this morning, so I got a late start. I'm not going on the water in a fog bank and screw around with them bass boats going 50 to 65 MPH, just ain't going to happen. I went back to the same area I fished earlier in the week, but I did a counter clockwise pattern with my power drift. Water surface temp. was 59.2 when I started and almost 62 degrees when I finish at 11 AM. Bait of choice was white perch strips. I had four lines out the back and two side planer boards. Again, the larger fish came from the side planer boards. The cats upchucked in my live well and I now know why they are in the back of the creeks. Crawfish or crayfish! There are three teens in the photo's, but they don't look it.

2. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac you are the man. I hope I have that much luck at Badin tonight.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Another day on the water with Mac. LOL! Thanx for the ride!

4. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    Thanks for the report and nice catch. I heard when the water level is high that the cats (atleast in a river/creek) storm the shores because when the water level rises then it floods the crayfish out of their holes. Makes for a good meal for the cats i guess. Is this true and if so does it matter time of year. Not meaning to change the purpose of the post just thought I would ask :)

Ronnie