Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a little late (8 AM) to go cattin' this morning, because I was waiting for the lake effect wind to die down, which it did around 9:30 AM. Fished the creek between Slanting Bridge and the Railroad Bridge in Mtn Creek. Wind was out of the NE and I had cloud cover. Bait of choice was frozen vacuum sealed Gizzard Shad, which still had some blood in them when I cut them. Most of my good bites came from 20 to 25 feet of water.

I put the cats in my 135 gallon holding tank a little after eleven to see what they had been eating. Mussels and more mussel and a piece of cut bait. I took a photo of the pile of mussels shells that they had excreted between eleven and three o'clock. Quite a few for seven eater size blues.

·
Super Moderator
25,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fortyfive minutes before I was going to quit, I ran across some markings on my fish finder that was unfamilar to me. So, I cut the trolling motor off and started jigging with my white jigging spoon. The first strike and the remaining strikes were from this years crop of white perch. They were 4 to 5 inches long. They were not hitting the jig, I was foul hooking them. The white perch were in the back of the creek in 7 to 10 feet of water.

In the first photo they showed up on the fish finder as little red dots fixed in with some blue matter, most likely Planton. Sorry about the quality of the photo's of the fish finder screen, but I don't have the skills of Wyliecat. The second photo was a school of larger size white perch and this is the way they normally look. I got a few of them. The fish photo is of the smaller ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.