Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traveled North of the River Bridge yesterday to find some big cats and some white perch. Made my way to Cornelius Creek and fished it from Perth Road bridge to the bridge over at Cornelius Road. The area is loaded with bait and small (very small) white perch. Bait of choice for the cats was white perch strips and gills (live and cut up). Caught a bunch of the small white perch and seven cats (mixture of channel and blues), none big enough to brag about of take a photo of. There is a nice point in the area and I have had some mighty good strikes off of it and yesterday was no exception, but the fish and myself did not connect good enough for me to get it to the boat. Maybe next time.

I did not check out Byres Creek which spilts off of Cornelius at the Perth Road bridge.

PS, don't bother to fish this area under high winds, because it is wide open and the wind will do a number on you.

·
Super Moderator
25,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After the meeting monday night i would say you had a ccc member with you if you were above the bridge
Nope, I was up there scouting.

Several of the fellows kid me about taking them North of the River Bridge, in fact, I take them all over the lake. I was just going along with their joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.