LKN Fishing Report June 21, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I picked my guide party up at 6 AM at Hager's Creek Landing and off we went to Burton Creek. My primary client was a sixteen year old young fellow celebrating his birthday today and his father. All he wanted for a b-day present was a catfish trip with yours truly.

We had lite wind this AM, water temp. of 82 degrees with a little cloud cover. Bait of choice was live bream/gills and white perch, plus we cut up some of both. His first fish in the boat was a 16 plus pound flathead which gave him a work out when it got to the boat. This young fellow got a quick lesson in how to pump and crank until the bad boy gave up. I was a little downhill from that point on. He caught plenty of eating size blues, plus several channel cats and a bunch of white perch.

Back at Hager's Creek Landing a little after 10 AM and everybody appeared to be happy.

2. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    looks like a good time.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya came outa the gates strong and finished the race. LOL! Nice work.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    That sounds like me, I wanted and got a trip to Flordia during sailfish season for my 16th. Everyone else wants cars, well i wanted that too.....