LKN Fishing Report July 3, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    My bud Cliff picked me up at 6:45 AM and off we went to the Marker 4 area. Wind was suppose to be 5 to 8 MPH out of the NNW, but it was 8 to 15 MPH out of the North and NE most of the morning. We had a mixture of bait, such as crappie, white perch and small gizzard shad. We each fished with four rigs each while drifting against the wind. Cliff caught six cats and I caught five and I had the largest. Small baits was what the cats wanted this AM. We only caught a few white perch. We quit fishing at 10:47 AM.

Cliff showed me two humps in the area of Marker 4 and 5 that I did not know about. I will have to show the Carolina Catfish Club members these two spots on the lake map so they can fish them.

2. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    Sound like yall did alright, when yall fish in the daytime what water depth do you usually try to fish? We went last night and fish a small mussel bed we found them in near the rocks and a shoal when you come out Blythe landing it would be on your left to the left of that island where the helicopter sets. If youve fish this end of the lake youll probly know where im talking bout. Well i caught 3 blues and my friend caught 4 from around 11pm till 5am. Had some runs just missed the fish, :confused2: but thats how it goes. We fished there just trying to stay out of the wind.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Jamie, today we fished in 10 to 50 feet of water. Did not seem to matter what depth. But Thursday I stayed in 10 to 30 feet of water and had the same results. Tuesday I stayed in 10 to 20 feet of water and caught a few more fish than the other two days.