LKN Fishing Report July 24, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My Friday fishing partner, Cliff, picked me up at 7 AM and off we went to the area of Marker 3 and 5. There is a ridge or part of a long point that runs from Marker 5 to the vicinity of the River Channel and Marker 3 and I suggested to Cliff that we give it a try. To each side of this ridge is water of 40 to 90 some feet and the depth of the ridge is 20 to 36 feet. We were using white perch, gizzard shad, gills and crappie for bait. Water temp was 82+ degrees and wind was out of the North. We ended up with 13 catfish, a mixture of blues, channels and one flathead. The largest blue was 8.5 pounds and the flathead weighed in at 17 pounds. We pulled the lines in at 10:45 AM.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    sounds like a fun trip MAC :wink:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now Mac. You know according to the experts you don't catch flatties durein the day. LOL! Nice work stud.

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LakeNormanBlues, I didn't hear you say who won your friendly Friday wager with Cliff? :smile2::big_smile::tounge_out:

HE appears to be holding the big fish, and I missed the shot of you holding one. :tounge_out:

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I won the most fish bet and he won the largest fish, thus I gave him five bucks.:embarassed: