LKN Fishing Report July 23, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    As I was getting ready to pick up my party (four adults and two young boys) for a four hour trip at 5 PM, the lighting and thunder show started up to the West and North of Pinnacle Landing. Of course that is the area I scouted yesterday for this this trip. My clients requested that I go South or East to get away from the storm action which I did. We ended up fishing the McCrarys Creek section of the lake.

Bait of choice was white perch and blue gills, mostly used as cut bait. Water temp was 84 degrees and wind direction was from every direction due to the storm action. If you have never fished LKN in the afternoon during the summer time, don't do it. We had PWC's, cruise boats, pontoon boats, ski boats, etc. coming within 50 feet of us. Still, we managed to have a decent trip.

Not a single fish was put in the boat until 6:45 PM and we had a double on the catfish rigs, plus some singles and ended the day with another double. After the first double on the cats, the Sabiki's kicked in and produced catches of two to three each time we went over a school of them. I had a nine and twelve year old boys manning the rods. Twelve some catfish were caught, all eating size, except for two small ones and a couple dozen of white perch.

Everybody was delivered safely back to Pinnancle Landing at 8:45 PM.

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Thanks for the info....at least there will be a good excuse to go to Davidson this weekend!!

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So Mac. Did ya have French frys and french toast. Did the Joisy girl bring cheese steaks? LOL! Sounds like an interestin trip. Must not have been any pole benders ya dreamed about cause there ain't no pics. LOL!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Must not have been any pole benders ya dreamed about cause there ain't no pics. LOL!

George, all dreams don't come true!