LKN Fishing Report July 17, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My buddy Cliff picked me up at my dock around seven AM and we headed for Marker 5. Neither of us had fished this area for cats and decided to give it a go. We fished in 12 to 60 feet of water and caught cats in all depths. We had a mixture of bait consisting of crappie, blue gills and white perch, plus some small threadfin shad we used for white perch. Water temp was 82.6 degrees and wind was out of the South at 10 to 15 MPH. From the Island at Marker 5 we fished in a South to Southwest direction. We ended up with 20 some cats, mostly channels, several blues and one flathead. Also at the end of the trip we put somewhere around 35 to 45 white perch in the boat.The perch were in the back of a cove in 12 to 22 feet of water. Back home a little before eleven bells.

The attached photo's are a little blurred but it depicts what happens to your hand when you hang up your catfish rig, then break the line. The fishing line flew back and hit my hand and cut it up a tad. I have shown this to remind all of you, when you hang up and are trying to break off, have your fishing partners or guest to turn their heads so the fishing line will not hit them in the eyes or face.

WylieCat, I won all three bets, most, largest and overall. Not a bad outing.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    WAHHH! Somethins tellin me that ain't the first time. LOL!

3. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    pics a bit blurry but you popped it pretty good. good fishing and good tip, its something you don't think too much about. what was the test on the line that got your hand?

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    30 pounds.

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Nope, over the years it has happen more times than I care to count.:smile2:

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I hung up a rod at Santee one night and was trying to break it off and had the 'ol ugly stick bent over pretty good and when it brlke the rod came back and spanked my bud Dave right on the ass.... it was absolutely hilarious, but he wasn't laughing.... He said it bruised him but I wasn't gonna' check it out...