LKN Fishing Report July 15, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I went back to Graham Creek against my better judgment to try it out again. This creek will put a hurting on you, which Wyliecat and mudkip can attest. Arrived there around seven and put out two Sabiki Rigs, plus I started jigging with my jigging spoon. It did not take me too long to get some bait and I baited up four rigs with small live white perch. Also, set the trolling motor on auto-pilot and sat back and enjoyed the morning. Ended up with one flathead, several channel cats, plus 42 perch which I did not use for bait and a side buoy for a boat which was floating in the water. Water temp was 83 degrees and I finished fishing at ten.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Mac when you say you put out 2 sabiki rigs what do you mean exactly.Normally I use a 2 hook rig and retrieve it slowly or jig it up and down.Do you just toss the Sab.out and let it sit?Schools in??:big_smile:

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jim, there are several ways to use a bait catching or Sabiki Rig and you can read about it at http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84839