LKN Fishing Report January 28, 2010

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jan 28, 2010.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I ventured up into Mac's neck of the woods today seeking out some clean water. The clean water was there, but the fishing was a bit slow today on Lake Norman.

The first spot was around the hot water discharge at McGuire Nuclear Station. There was some bait, some arches, but no takers. I tried drifting other nearby areas from 15-60 feet and no luck. Water in the area was 55-60 degress with some amazing current.

After working the open water areas I made a 180 degree turn and decide to head to the back of a cove and fish shallow. This worked, and I caught an 18 pounder in about 35 feet of water in the cove. I made another pass with no luck and decided to try the same pattern in another creek, and this produced a 14 pounder and a sixpounder. All fish came on frozen white perch, and all were caught drifting.

Overall the bite was slow. Reports from other fishermen in the area said the same thing. Of course you can't really complain anytime you can put two DD fish in the boat. Area striper fishermen only wish they could do that!!

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Did better than I did, only got one little dude today. Like you said, can't complain about a couple DD fish!

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Give a call in March and I'll show you a trick on Catawba River DD stripers. :laugh1:

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man, I thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth!! Glad to see you're still around. I guess you've just been messing with those dang silver stripedy fish LOL!

5. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah I still drop in from time to time. I have been doing alot of work out of town. I saw this post and Dieter pickin on the Lake Norman Stripers...lol..and thought I'd pull his chain a little. He speaks the truth though about the Lake Norman Stripers though its sad. But I know a few sections of the Catawba where we can still pick up a few teenagers in the spring. :laugh1: