LKN Fishing Report January 22, 2K10

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I went back to Stumpy/Cornelious Creeks yesterday, same place that I have been catching cats for a week, and found the water temp. to be 42.9 degrees rather than the 40 some degrees that I have been catching cats in. I was a tad corncern with the change in water temps. from the get go and the end results said that I should have been. Gulls are still sticking picking up sluggish or almost dead threadfins, but the cats were not biting. To make matters worst, I had invited one of my old striper buds to go with me and I was going to show him a thing or two. The only thing I showed him was how to setup the rigs and the proper speed to power drift. He thanked me for taking him out and gave me an underwater temp. guage which shows you what water temp. was and at what depth.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Its a slow bite all over today it seems. I caught one whopper on Lake Wylie, but only managed four total fish in an entire day of fishing.

3. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    Mac
    No striper fishing? Tis the season

I know the area you are fishing, normally very productive. That stretch of Cornelious my son calls snag city.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    "MacNo striper fishing? Tis the season" quote from Jeff. I'm having so much fun catting this season that I have only striper fished once.