LKN Fishing Report Feb. 8, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Twenty nine of Lake Normans finest gather today to see who could catch the largest striper. Yours truly came to the scales with a 26+ inch striper that tipped the scales at 6.78 pounds and garnished me first place.

Friday PM I prefished and got skunked. Then I went out Saturday AM and got skunked. Last night we had a full moon and I was not optimistic about my chances. But faith intervene and let me catch the fish of the day.

My good buddy Shane Reel (BOC Shimano) and his partner pulled a trick on me today. I called them on my cell this AM to tell them about my nice striper and they wanted to know where I was, so I told them. I fished in the area until they got there and was going to go home about 10:30 AM and eat lunch and maybe take a nap. As soon as I got home Shane called and told me that right after I left they caught a 28 inch striper, two inches larger than mine. I tried to take a nap, but I could not get their fish off my mind, so I went back out to fish. At the weigh in they had a 23+ inch fish. They made up for pulling the trick on me by giving me over 100 6 to 9 inch gizzard shad.

2. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Way to go Mac! You showed who is the King of Lake Norman.

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Congrats Mac, you deserve it.....

4. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
  5. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    From being skunked to first place, ya gotta love it! Congratulations Mac!

6. Coors

Coors New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Good job Capt. Mac

7. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Once again you've proven that LKN is your lake! I wish I had a bunch of pet fish that would bite when I wanted em to!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Tub, LKN is nobodies lake, just ask anybody that has ever fished it. It will humble you in a heart beat.

9. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the win Mac!!