LKN Fishing Report Feb. 8, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Twenty nine of Lake Normans finest gather today to see who could catch the largest striper. Yours truly came to the scales with a 26+ inch striper that tipped the scales at 6.78 pounds and garnished me first place.

Friday PM I prefished and got skunked. Then I went out Saturday AM and got skunked. Last night we had a full moon and I was not optimistic about my chances. But faith intervene and let me catch the fish of the day.

My good buddy Shane Reel (BOC Shimano) and his partner pulled a trick on me today. I called them on my cell this AM to tell them about my nice striper and they wanted to know where I was, so I told them. I fished in the area until they got there and then I pulled out to go home about 10:30 AM and eat lunch and maybe take a nap. As soon as I got home Shane called and told me that right after I left they caught a 28 inch striper, two inches larger than mine. I tried to take a nap, but I could not get their fish off my mind, so I went back out to fish. At the weigh in they had a 23+ inch fish. They made up for pulling the trick on me by giving me over 100 6 to 9 inch gizzard shad. So I will be cattin this week, for sure.

Since this is a catfish board, I will give a brief catfish report. Today I caught a 12 pound blue and a 18 pound flathead on my striper free line rigs. Water temp. was 45 degrees.

2. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats Mac. I have always wanted to come up there and striper fish maybe 1 day in the future.
    PEEDEE CAT

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I forgot to mention that I caught a nice blue and flathead today in the tournament. Both fish were released alive for others to enjoy. Water temp. was 45 degrees and bait of choice was number 30 shiners.

4. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mac,
    Congrats on your great catch.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Congratulations on the 1st place finish Mac! That just wasn't right Shane messing with ya like that, completely ruined your nap:smile2:

6. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac congrats on the big win ol'buddy. Lets get my fish right though he was 25 1/2 inches and weighed 6.00 lbs. and came in fourth. Sorry about ruining your nap but I dont think you would have been able to sleep anyway. lol . Mac is having a super season this year in our club tournaments and has crept all the way up to third in points just 4 points off the lead. Its gonna get interesting after I win next month. :wink: Good job Mac.

Shane