LKN Fishing Report Feb. 20, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Prefished for striper's this AM for a trip that I have tomorrow. Found plenty of striper's from Mtn. Creek Marker 2 all the way to the Railroad Bridge. Today I was using no. 30 shiners on four side planer boards and two free lines. Fish were not aggressive and on several occasions, I had to almost feed out line to get then to run with the bait. Ended up with five striper's, some trash fish and a eating size blue.

Brother Karl Emerson was in the area catching white perch and a few striper's and bass.

2. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Mack,
    Was out Wed. evening in Beaver and had same problem, fish just wouldnt take it got skunked but marked lots of bait and fish just not aggressive. Big bass tourney tomorrow hope it doesnt mess up your fish.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Buck, when fish are just grabbing the tail and jerking on your line, just hit the release button or open your bail and let them run 15 or 20' and then shut down on them. It works a high percentage of the time.