LKN Fishing Report Feb. 13, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I left my dock right at sun rise and was in my fishing area within minutes. I stopped a good distance from where I was going to fish and was in a idling mode with the big engine when I marked a lot of bait and arches. Travel a distance of a football field over this bait and arches. Shut down the big engine, put the trolling motor down. Since the fish and bait were so deep, I put two nice split shots on my planer board lines. I also put out four down lines to about 40 feet. By 8:15 AM I had my limit of striper's, plus one trash fish (bass). Never got a single pull down on the down lines. Left the area at 9 or so and headed home. I have attached some photo's of my sonar screen, but it is a little blurred, but you can still see the bait and the arches.

If anybody is striper fishing this weekend, start looking for them at the mouth of Beaver Dam Creek back pass the island.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good day on the water. It sounds like I may need to head up that way 1 day soon to try and get a few Stripers for the freezer.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Let me know when you are coming and I will try to put you on some.

4. Larry D

Larry D New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank's I hope to get there on Sunday. My GPS is in the shop and I allways get lost in that area so if you see a 18' CC going around in circles point me in the right direction.