LKN Fishing Report December 29, 2009

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Weather and lake conditions were not conducive for good fishing today. Temp. was 27 degrees with a NW wind of 5 to 15 MPH, water surface temp. was 45 degrees with a blue sky. Wife informed me that we had a full moon last night or close to it.

We offered up three different baits (live rainbow trout, frozen white perch and gizzard shad). Marked very little bait or nice arches but the gulls were picking up dead shad here and there, so something was out thar. We had one great run on one of the side planer boards that was baited with a gizzard shad, but no connection. Three nice rod benders on the rainbow trout and only one connected and it was a five pound striper.

First terrible morning I have had this year, so I will take it and move on.

2. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Sorry for the bad day. Bet you'll make up for it though:big_smile:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...First terrible morning I have had this year..."

Mac, the bite seems to be bad all around. The first three weeks of December were as good as it gets, but things have waned.

Not sure if it is the influx of water, lower water temps, or lunar phase. I have some ideas, and will make a complete post on it.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC

I'll agree, couldn't even get a bite when I went today.