LKN Fishing Report 10-10-09 thru 10-12-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Saturday PM I fished in the cove that I live on from 3:30 to 6 and I was using some fresh shrimp for the channel cats. Ended up with 7 or 8 cats and jigged up 8 bass and one white perch.

Sunday I fished with my bud Cliff from 9+AM to 1 PM. We went to McCrary's Creek to try and get out of the wind. Bait of choice was crappie, white perch, bass and small shad on the Sabiki rigs. I closed Cliff out with the most cats, largest cat over five pound and the bet for the overall. $20 to the good for that day.

Monday I had a guide trip in the wind and the rain. Bait of choice was crappie, bass and white perch, plus some small shad for the Sabiki rigs. We ended up with a good morning. The most excitement was when one of the rods being used for the Sabiki rig double over. When the creature on the Sabiki rig surfaced it was a 15 plus pound Needle Nose Turtle. I lost count on the cats and perch, but my party was well pleased. Two largest blues were 8.5 and 9.5 pounds. Around 10 AM to 11:15 AM it was none stop with them bringing in white perch and blue catfish. This was a catch and release deal on the cats, but I kept the perch for bait.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Sounds like some good fishin! Is that a PB needlenose turtle?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nope, we have caught several in the 20's range or larger. But it is the largest on 12 pound test line and on a number 6 hook.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Mac, do the ones in Norman stink as dang bad as the ones out of the Yadkin and Sutton Lake?? I've caught a couple of those guys before and the STUNK:eek:oooh: