LKN Catfish Report 6-05-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had a guide trip this morning and the dude showed up! Well, we had a little heavy rain on our way to the fishing hole, which today was Work Creek. After we got there, we only had lite showers with a little ENE winds. Then it decided to rain again, after an hour and it was more than a shower. Added to the rain was some 8 to 15+ MPH winds, which had the rain coming down sideways.

Bait of choice was white perch and small blue gills. The gills out performed the perch as bait. We ended up with six blues and one flathead before we said enough is enough. We were both wet to the bone from the wind blowing rain under the boat cover. Ride home in Davidson Creek was not very nice due to the white caps and the wind blowing the wet stuff in on us.

As usual I had the Sabiki Rigs out and we caught some white perch and small bass.

On the water at 6:20 AM and off at 10:25 AM.

2. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    now thats hard core fishing there:big_smile::crazy:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Way to go get 'em Mac! Any size to the fish you guys caught today?

As a side note how are you liking the new boat for guiding and just plain old fishin'?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And what makes you think we would'nt be interested. LOL! Thanx for the ride Mr. "SABIKI" :wink:

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Way to go get 'em Mac! Any size to the fish you guys caught today? Quote by Wes.

Wes, they were all eater size today. I went back to the J hooks today to see how it use to be! Will try them one more time and most likey go back to the circles. Flathead was the largest cat and I would estimate it to be around six pounds.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, when you have a paying customer and he wants to fish, you fish!:crazy:

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Wes wanted some photographs or sizes. Well, the first photo is of my thumb and what the flathead did to it. The second one is a school of white perch. Last but not least is a stringer of six perch on my Sabiki Rig. BG, eat your heart out, OK.