LKN Catfish Report 5-22-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 22, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I picked up my buddy Cliff at his dock around seven and we made our way to Reeds Creek in the vicinity of Marker D11. Bowlerman (Jeff M.) had previously told me that the area was holding some white perch and yes, they were there, but we did not find them right off. So, we went to the end of the cove and came back out fishing for Ark. Blues and we caught six blues before we found the perch. After finding the perch, I used my Sakiki Rig and Cliff used a jigging spoon, I guess you know who won that contest. Water temp was 71.5 degrees and bait of choice was Thread fin and Gizzard shad. Ended up with nine blues and one channel there and maybe forty or fifty perch.

We pulled in all the rigs and went to the area of Marker D7 and caught some more perch and three or four more catfish. Bait of choice for this area was cutup white perch.

Back at my dock at 11:15 AM. Wind today was lite and out of the East and Northeast.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So where are the usual pics? LOL!

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    You told me a while back that I did not need proof photo's anymore. Largest blue was 8.5 pounds, so we did not have any trophies to show off. Sorry, maybe next time. Oh, I know, you wanted to see the Sabiki with six on it at a time.