LKN 9-13 & 14-2008

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Due to the full moon and the price of gas, I have been content to fish in my cove for white perch for the last three days. I go idle speed across the cove and idle speed back.

But, one of my fishing partners (Cliff) has been hell bent on pulling some small live white perch to get himself and others a nice flathead or blue. Saturday, he and his wife went out and he got skunked. Today, he, his 8 year old son and stepdad went out after catching some perch and they caught one (must have been small, he did not e-mail me a photo).

I have had other reports about how slow the catfish bite has been most of the week. If this trend keeps up, I think I will have to get my striper gear out and see if the stripers like small live perch, I bet they do!

Today, I set up something in the water at my dock to see how long I can keep perch alive. If it works, I will share the technique with y'all or ya'll.

Oh, forgot to give my perch report. I am still on them and have invited others to fish my perch area and most have been successful. The best bite right now is between 7:30 and 10:00 AM. They are moving in large schools, but not very far (50 to 150') and then they go back to where you first marked them. Last night I fried 32 perch (bone in) and the wife made some slaw and what we call fancy or lacy cornbread (cornmeal and milk, fired in Crisco). Damn good stuff, but probably not good for you.

If any of you local guys or gals want to catch some perch, PM me and I will tell you where I'm catching them and what to use. But, remember, they move, so don't get upset if they are not in the exact spot, just look around.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Them stripers are starting to bite. I put 6 in the boat Sat. on Badin along with about 30 cats. nothing big, blue in the mid teens was the biggest, but tons of action.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Chris, have you tried using small white perch on the stripers?

4. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac I came by to see you Saturday and either you were asleep or not in I was gonna give you some bait for the freezer. I had a friend who called me at the last minute and decided to go Saturday night so I gave him the bait. I'm going to get some fresh gizzards tomorrow so if you want some for Mr. Linesides let me know.

Shane