LKN 9-12-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had a special mission today and that was to go out and find some white perch for brother ThaBear. Tomorrow he is taking his better 3/4's fishing for perch and maybe some cats. I left my dock at 11:45 AM and was back at 2:15 PM. I found the perch in 18 to 23 feet of water and caught 32 on my jigging spoon, plus two flatheads on the spoon. Caught another flat on a white perch. One of the photo below is one of the flats that hit the jigging spoon and another is a photo of one of my fishing partners fighting a flathead on an lite rated rod with a jigging spoon.

2. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good job Mac. Thats what I like about Ole'Mac always willing to lend a hand. Im coming down in the morning for a couple of hours. I have some live aelwives and gizzards Im gonna drown.

Shane

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Don't go throwing away your left over bait, I know where they can find a home, like in my freezer. :smile2:

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Mac,

Just out of curiosity, what does the misses think about you using that patio table as a bait station? LOL !

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Well, when she catches me doing stuff like that and I do it quite often. She has a few words with me and then I say, what did you say Babe. :smile2:

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a fun trip Mac. Sam got his boat back Thursday and me and him took it out to see if everything worked O.K. We didn't do a lot of fishing but we managed 23 channels and 2 blues on the secret 7 bait. We caught fish from 1.5 foot deep to 10 ft. dropping to 23 feet deep. Didn't seem to matter where we set up the fish were tearing up the 7 and wouldn't hardly touch the fresh caught shad.