LKN 8-31-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    My buddy Cliff and his son, Garret (age 8) went out his morning at 10:30 AM, late sleepers, and caught a blue and a flathead. The flathead was caught at high noon. Both fish were caught on white perch, which Cliff and I caught yesterday. The blue weighed in at 8.5 pound and the flathead at 21 pounds even. The flattie hit a perch tail, how about that!

Since I was on white perch, I took out a real good striper fisherman (Rawhide) on LKN to show him a little action. Well, they don't do good when you are trying to show off. We caught three perch, one striper and a bass. Woe is me and my big mouth. But, the plus side is that we had fun talking about the old days on LKN and Rawhide's old buddy, Dale Earnhart.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Great catch there an thanks for the pic an story!

3. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like you had a great time! At least you guys caught something....unlike me! Great picture as well!

4. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac you dont have to show off for ole Hide he already knows your the man! :wink:

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice flathead Mac! Good to see all the reports and pictures again, evidently the boat works fine:wink: