LKN 8.16.08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mifit98, Aug 18, 2008.

1. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    My oldest son came home for the weekend to help celebrate his mother's birthday and asked me to take him catfishing at LKN. Since I don't fish there often I called the "swami" (i.e. LakeNormanBlues) for a little guidence.:wink:

Long story short...the wind made it tough to handle the boat (about 15 mph)...bait was crappie fillets marinated in Dead Red Spray from Team Catfish (also advised by the swami)...and we only caught 2 fish.

But since one of them was a 20 pound blue, and since my son got to play and land the fish (his PB), it was a pretty good day.:big_smile::big_smile:

My son decided that dad was a lot smarter than he used to be. I decided that when the pressure's on and I need to get my baits in front of fish I'll always check in with Bro. MacB.

THANKS MAC!!!

Attached Files:

2. supra06

supra06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish mifitson.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Nice cat, also impressed that you changed with the weather conditions. I see a trophy cat on the horizion for your boat and maybe you. I say your boat, because I'm going to be in it in the next couple of days and I hope it hits my rig first, know what I mean. :smile2:

4. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the catch, I am glad it all worked out for you.