LKN 8-03-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Today I had a white perch trip for two young fellows, ages 13 and 14. From 7 AM until 8:45 AM those boys put 140+ perch in the boat, using both a jigging spoon and a Sabiki Rig. We went to another spot in the wind and picked up 5 more, return to the first spot and got 16 more. Total of 161 white perch per Tim Mead a sports writer who tagged along to do a story about white perch. He used WyliCats counter, so you know it had to be accurate.

I put all the perch in my live well and bait tank and I told the boys I had a special place for them. They will be vacuum sealed, frozen and used this winter for Mr. and Miz Cat.

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey mac bet those two young men are still grinning after a day like that

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Atta boy Mac. Maybe we can get some white bass back in the lake after your finished with the perch this season...:wink:

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    My buddy Cliff took his boys fishing this morning from 10:00 AM until 2 PM and they caught some perch and three nice catfish. They had a 9 pound flathead and two blues (9 @ 10#), all caught on white perch in the middle part of the day.

5. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC