LKN 8-01-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have trips coming up Saturday and Sunday, so I and my trusted dog, Jackie, went perch jerking at 6:30 AM. We went straight to the honey hole. They were there, but scattered. We caught 18 to 20, plus a bass, another small flathead and four or five small channel cats on my jigging spoon. Back at my dock at 7:45 AM.

Yesterday, I went to Rhodhiss and while I was waiting for my fishing partner I talked to a fisherman and he was telling me about how his buddies were catching channel cats on Rhodhiss. They go perch fishing and when they catch some small ones they put them out behind the boat (he did not say if they free lined them and fished them straight down with a little weigh) and they caught plenty of channels this way, same as I do for flatheads. Just something for you'll to think about.

I took a bait tank shot (photo) of my perch this morning to see if it would work.

2. michaelgriffis

michaelgriffis New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what was the spoon you were using?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    It is a 1/4 oz. chartruse jigging spoon on 8# test line. Jig it right off the bottom.