LKN 7-30-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    The wind is beating me to death, today we were suppose to have wind out of the SW and W at 5 to 10 MPH. From the get go it was 12 to 15 MPH or better. I had as my clients today, a fellow from up state New York and one that moved to NC from New Jersey. Water temp. was 86.8 degrees and water was stained. Bait of choice was live and cut white perch. Got no bites on the live bait, with the perch strips being what mama and daddy cat wanted today. First fish in the boat was a 28.8 pound flathead and the rest were blues in the 4 to 8 pound range, with a total count of 14 fish. Pick them up at 6 AM and returned them to the pickup point at 11 AM. Everybody appeared to be pleased, especially the fellow that caught the flathead. Water depth of 12 to 25 was the more productive, than any other depth.

2. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How do you cut the white perch strips?

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice Flathead Mac...where was that one when Wes visited? Im down here in Florida at Daytona Beach on vacation. Im chartering a boat on Friday for a little off-shore action.

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac

Kee, go to Catfish Publication (first section you see on this forum/board) and scroll down to 'Mac Byrum's Catfish University' and you will see an article titled 'Bait Prepartation and Presentation'. There you will see photo's and description of how it's done. Mac

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Shane, Wes came to LKN to catch him a Ark. Blue, not a sluggish old flathead. You should have seen that little fellow fighting that flathead, it was a sight to see. He had to sit down and rest a spell after the photo's, etc. Between a bud and myself, that is the third time we have caught that fish in the same location or it's twin.

PS, good luck on your fishing trip.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:Mac you killin me!{LOL}thats the way its done huh....VERY NICE!

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish Mac!!!

Hey Shane....I was just in Daytona Beach July 4th. One word for you; Lollipops. :wink:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Dang Mac! That's a heck of a fish. I knew you were hiding all those big LKN flatheads from me:smile2:

9. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina

Dude..........I was at daytona beach over july 4th weekend to watch the race, and yes i too visited lollipops, not only thursday night, but friday night as well. I mighta sat right next to ya on the runway and never known you were a good ol boy from NC.

10. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Thanks for the tip. I have been using the shad fillets and heads. I am going to give white perch a try and leave the tail fins on my fillets. I usually give my son a sabiki rig to have some fun while we wait for the catfish to bite and we always throw the white perch back.

11. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC