LKN 7-28-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Weatherperson and accuweather stated that the wind would be lite and variable this morning. No way did they even get close. At 6:30 AM it was blowing out of the NE at 12 to 15 MPH on the lake. I wasted about two hours fighting the wind drifting with the trolling motor in front of a big island and caught one blue and had another nice one to come unwrapped. Moved to another area to get the wind off of the boat and fished along the shore line (15 to 20' water) and only got pecks. Move over to the other side in 25 to 40' of water and there were the eaters and a couple of teenagers. Ended up with seven blues and one bass. Five of the fish (those less than ten pounds came home with me for supper), the other two I released. Back home close to 10 AM. Water temp. was 86 degrees and my bait of choice was white perch marinated in DEAD RED BLOOD SPRAY developed by Team Catfish (www,TeamCatfish.com) a BOC sponsor.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for a quality report.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I saw LakeNormanBlues out on the water this morning and our catch was basically the same when he left the water around 10:30am or so.

I don't know if it was the time of day, or, the fish knew LakeNormanBlues was gone, but the bite in the middle of the day was great. When Mac called me around 10:30am I had caught seven fish, but by the time I came off the water three hours later I had caught 26 fish. :eek:oooh:

Main lake points were the trick for me. The blues were on the edges of the points and the channel cats were on the shallow tops of the points. I too kept some 2-3 pounders for the grill and released some nice fish including four eight pounders.

Nice seeing you out this morning Mac! :wink:

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I saw LakeNormanBlues out on the water this morning and our catch was basically the same when he left the water around 10:30am or so.

I don't know if it was the time of day, or, the fish knew LakeNormanBlues was gone, but the bite in the middle of the day was great. When Mac called me around 10:30am I had caught seven fish, but by the time I came off the water three hours later I had caught 26 fish. :eek:oooh:

Main lake points were the trick for me. The blues were on the edges of the points and the channel cats were on the shallow tops of the points. I too kept some 2-3 pounders for the grill and released some nice fish including four eight pounders.

Nice seeing you out this morning Mac! :wink: