Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy went last night caught all the bait you could want, but different story about catching a catfish. Only caught 2 cats, 1 flat 3.5lbs, 1 blue 6lbs. but also caught one largemouth, and one spotted bass both around 2.5 lbs on white perch filets. Just wasnt our night it was pretty windy last night at times and that didnt help, but at least we stayed dry lol. Dont know what happened we were fishing in about 0'-10' of water with a lot of clams and rocks that dropped off into about 25'-35' had some good runs but no good fish in the boat. Oh well thats the way it goes sometimes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
welcome to the boc jamie.do you live arround Lake norman?maybe we can get together and fish Norman.check out the carolina catfish club ,we meet second monday of every month.you can learn alot .we have several local guides in our club that really teach you alot.its 20.00 dollars a year,and you will get your moneys worth the first meeting.pm me for more imfo.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congrats , that's a hell of alot better than I've been doing as of current. Do you ever fish the mouth of that creek in LKN state park? I believe it's just past a marina. I've had decent luck up there and am overdue for a return.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Mason be awhile since i've been up that way or at least not this year seems like we have mainly fished the southend of the lake or Mt Island. But ive done pretty decent up there in past years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.