Lizards as bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by jerellman, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    I went fishing yesterday and this guy next to me was using lizards for bait. He had a couple nice sized fish, 4-6 lbs. There are tons of blue-belly lizards around my house and are fairly easy to catch. Has anyone used lizards for bait?

2. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

I was thinking the very same thing the other day ahter a useless night. I've tried chicken livers ( fresh and spoiled ), worms ( had a huge one but the bugger wrapped around the dock pylon and was gone ), dog food ( nothing there ), dough balls ( zip there ) and minnows ( still nothing ). I couldn't think of anything else until I saw those lizards. I do believe those cat are use to natural bait because no one fishs in that part of the lake. I still have to try the Shads, but I'm gonna go get me some of those lizards and use them live and dead and stinking. Let me know how it works for you because it'll be a week or so before I can get back to the lake.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Just curious, how was this guy hooking the lizards?

4. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    I didnt get to see how he hooked them but im guessing through the mouth or tail? Maybe mid section? dont know.

5. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    mud puppies are great bait u just pinch there tail off and run it through there butt. thats the best way to hook them i think. no matter what way you hook them there gonna drowned so mid section prolly be good also.

6. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    Love water dogs wish I could find more.They are some of the best bait.

7. P Caruthers

P Caruthers New Member

State:
    AL
    I've tried them but never had any luck. I like crawfish from time to time when I don't have anything else.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Come on my Brothers think about it we are talking about a fish that will eat Gut's-worm's-Old blood-raw liver-other fish-ect-ect-ect.Do you see what Im talking about here they will eat stuff that will make you PUKE!!!!So yep Id bet they would eat a Lizard.............:crazy: