Living Wills

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    My wife brought the subject up today and I told her that I wanted her to know that I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine, and if that ever happens, to just pull the plug. She got up and unplugged the damn TV.

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that's funny.My wife also thinks I am a vegetable when I get wrapped up in one of my hobbies.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I like her and don't even know her, sounds like something my wife would do. I need to make out a living will, I don't want to live that way ether, It's no life for me.

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Good one grumpy. I'll have to remember that one.

5. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In all seriousness it's something everyone should figure out beforehand and leave instructions.It is the most difficult decision your family might have to make.I've had to make that call once and hope I never do again.I had a letter to me to base that decision on but it still wasn't easy.It's best to leave instructions with more than one person so no person has to make the call alone.
    Myself I don't think I would want to be like that but who knows,it would be a shame to be on some medication and finally find the perfect buzz just to have someone pull the plug on me LOL!!! (I had to end on a lighter note)

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well ya'll keep this post and consider it my living will....I mean be sure I'm pretty well not going to make it.........I mean if their's a chance I might make it don't pull the plug...............I mean I don't want to go if theirs a chance..................I tell you what I think I'll just write out a living will, not that I don't trust ya'll but...........well I just think that would be best!

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Yep, I have had mine a long time now. Wife and me have different thoughts on it, but all I want burried in is a PINE box. $750.00 verses 6000 for a casket, hey when I am done with this body, junk it cheap and leave more for my family, I sure don't need it anymore at that time.

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    You got that right! Man I can't even afford to die.

9. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I want the plug pulled...would not want my kids to see me suffer and have false hope that I will come back. I want my ashes spead over my favorite hunting spot. I hope my boys will go to that spot and remember.

D

10. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Living will is the way to go but it still doesnt make it any easier my dad had one and that was the hardest thing i had ever been through to go ahead with his wishes he had suffered for years but it was still hard to say good bye i got one made up has any body ever thought of donanting your remains to science thats what i would like why put the family through the funeral process

11. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    I wanna be froze n come back like buck rogers! lol

12. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    I had to find out the hard way that even if you're young you should have a living will. I got married when I was 20, at that time we didn't even think anything about living wills or what should the other do if something happened. We were young, healthy, and naive. Well, less then a year after we were married she suffered very serious brain damage caused by undiagnosed asthma. It's been 5 years this past Feb. She's in a chronic vegative state and always in pain. She is kept alive by a feeding tube inserted through her stomach wall. It's hard to see her in pain, but her dad has fought to keep her alive eventhough she's in pain and there is never any chance she will get better. I know she wouldn't want to live like this.