Living in a tent!! (prayer request)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AllenM, Jul 20, 2006.

1. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, for those of you who followed the thread on us moving out of the apartments and into this house, you know the frustration we've faced lately with the store Becca worked in getting sold. For those that didn't read that thread, in a nut shell, we made plans to move, got a place lined up, got told that they were selling the store and we'd have to move to Redding so we were going to back out of taking this house, then the buyer of the store backed out so we went ahead and moved and then soldthecar for a down payment on a Ford Explorer, and THOUGHT life was starting to get good... Well, right after all of this they decided to buy the store after all and we got left looking at having to moved twice, as well as how to figure out how to afford doing it!

After commuting to Redding for a few days and getting our calculations nailed down on gascosts and such, we've realized that we CAN'T afford it...

Long story short, I tried to tell the land lord that we can't pay this month's rent until later cause we need to move A.S.A.P. to avoid about $800 a month in gas costs for comuting and we are gonna need to use this month's rent money to camp out up near there while we look for a place to live, and need to save enough over the next pay day or 3 to afford first month and deposit on a new place up there. Despite trying to discuss the matter like one human being to another, the landlords flat out accused meof intending to just bail on the bask rent which REALLY got my goat!! There was just no call for the way she spoke to me, and I'll just leave it at that...

Anyhow, we'll be doing 2 week stretches (maximum limit to avoid having the camp grounds turned into long term shelters or perminent residences by homeless people) at a few different camp sites for the next few weeks, and I won't be on line. It was 117 in Redding yesterday, so -please pray for us that the temp dropsand the weather remains clear until we can get a real roof over our heads again up there, and especially for things to STOP GOING WRONG for us... Aside from the obvious, we're already having electrical troubles with the new Explorer, and it don't look like we'll be able to find anything in our price range where we can keep our dog. I'dappriciate THAT being added in your prayersaswel, that we can find someplace that will let us keep him, or that we can at least find him a GOOD home where his new owners will treat him well and take propper care of him.

Well, thanks all, and I'll log in and update when I get back down to Orland next time and can get on the computer.

2. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    im sorry to here about youre troubles, evrything will turn out just fine, it just takes time... your in my prayers

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel for ya, that has to suck very bad:sad2:

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Allen,

Brother it sounds like you have your hands full of trouble. I will lift you and your Family up in prayer. May GOD watch over ya'll, and keep you safe and Healthy.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I feel for you brother. I lived in the back of my 1972 short bed Ford pickup for a couple months when I moved here from Georgia and had similar problems. Can you find anyone to take your dog for awhile until you get things straitened out? Alot of churches have funds for things like this. Have you talked to any of them?

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent brother, remember that God will not put more on you then you can handle. The BOC is saying prayers.

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I will certainly pray for your family. Try to look on the bright side. You have a long term camping trip! :big_smile:

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Prayers being sent out to lift up you and your family from Oklahoma.

Have faith, it will all work out in the end, just stand strong through this trial.

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Prayers for your family. Life just really sucks sometimes but don't letit get you down. Most libraries have computers to use for an hour or so. You might check in once in a while that way.
    Could you use you deposit on the apt. as your last months rent?
    Are there any BOC members close enough to assit in some way?
    Good luck.

10. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    my prayers and thoughts go with u brother

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Will be praying for you and your family

12. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    SORRY TO HEAR you and your family have my prayers aswell as your dog like the song says" if your going though hell get out before the devil knows your there" it helps me seems like you get kickdown time and time again But GOD is watching over you hope this helps I'm pulling for you

13. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Keep your head up, things will work out for the best!

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers away , it's hard now , but keep the faith , it WILL get better.
    Brian

15. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Sorry To Hear That Dude...been There Done That...but Everything Has Always Worked Out...prayer Sent...god Helps Those That Helps Themselves...aka...if U Try..it'll Happen
    Shaun

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Are thoughts and prayers are with you. Just hang in there and you will be back on your feet before you know it and hopefully you can keep the family pet til then.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers coming from ky

18. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Hang in there, and it will get better.

19. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Y'all are in my prayers and thinks will work out. Keep your chin up!!!

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Allen, you have my heartfelt sympathy and my assurances that I will pray extra hard for you & your family that this trial be over soon.