livewell

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by jasonminitruck, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I just bought a duracraft boat, and the livewell runs the entire width of the boat with a devider in the middle, and I was wandering if there was any way to seal one side to keep out water, so I could add more dry storage to the boat. will post pics tommarow. Thanks, Jason

2. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I would think the best option, if that's the route you end up going, would be to have someone weld an aluminum divider in. If they weld it right there should be no leaks.

Or you could always just use the livewell for storage and buy/make a livewell to put elsewhere in the boat (think cooler with aeration pump).

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    What size boat is it? You might want to be careful sealing half of it off. When you have one half the livewell filled that's gonna be alot of weight on one side of the boat, it could be hard to balance it out. If the boat is not balanced, especially by several hundred pounds. It can make the boat hard to handle. Just something you might want to consider.

4. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    its 17 feet long, and 5 feet wide

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i would suggest that you use the current livewell for storae and then make another one out of a cooler for your bait/takehome fish. that would be the best route for you. if not you are constatly going to be worried about your stuff getting wet and/or balancing out your boat with all of the weight on one side.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Would have to agree with the others. use the livewell as storage, but leave the drain and aeration hooked up if you change your mind down the road. Pretty easy to make a portable livewell out of a truck tool box or cooler. Pick up the aerators at Wallyworld pretty cheap or get an Akwa-Lung hooked up to it. that way you can take it our when your not using it.

Thats pretty much how I have mine setup.