Livewell Water Treatment.

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by Pip, May 25, 2009.

1. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I ran across a product that I just started using this year. I fish some tournaments from time to time and try to keep bait alive other times. I try to do the right things neccessary to make sure my catch is alive and in as good if not better condition while in my livewell during a tourney. The last thing I want is to have dead fish at a weigh-in, in front of everybody. Bottom line, thats not a good feeling.

Did some reading up on a product I noticed "U2 pro Formula". It is a water treatment for the livewells. Supposed to help remove nitrates, amonia, chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals from the water. While adding electrolytes and replaces damaged skin slim.

I've noticed good results the last couple months, specially the last couple days where i've kept my bait alive and in the same tank of water for 4 days without changing the water once. maybe adding a gallon or so to maintain the water level in the tank.

In contrast it has a blueish color to the water like you see in the aquariums in the stores.Both the bait and the fish I was keeping in it, came out very lively and it great shape. Relatively inexpensive to use, so it won't break the bank. the picture of the bottle you see below will last a while, it only takes 1-2 ounces for a 120 qt cooler. Probably a little more if your also using a 50 to 100 gallon tank for your livewell. I just recently finished the first bottle I got of it.

Maybe it will be something that you might be looking to help ya maybe not, figured i'd give a review of it to maybe help somebody.

Here is a picture of it...

2. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Where can it be purchased?
    PEEDEE CAT

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Think I got mine from cabelas. i reckon most of the others might carry it also. Maybe do a google search on it, might come up with a couple good deals, also.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thats what i use also mike... it does work just as good as shad keeper i woul say... i get mine at gander mtn..

5. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Got mine at Gander Mountain....Good Stuff:big_smile:

John

6. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i use that better bait ,anyone used that? i gets hot out here so i figured any edge is better, only used it once and i noticed the slime was much heavier on my baits, input, opinions