LIVEWELL Help!!

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by starcraft72, Dec 4, 2009.

1. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm need some help!! Need some ideas for a live well in my boat. Can you guys help? post up your homemade live well pics.....Permanent or removable. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    You lookin for a livewell man or a baitwell and what size? I mocked up a built in baitwell in from of my aluminum boat, 25 gallons or so, aerated and filtrated.....i mocked it up out of half of a 55 gal drum, and plumbed it.....sealed it and used a water tight hatch....blew in expanding foam insulation (actually was a pain) but I may be able to give some ideas or pointers based on what you are looking to do. Another guy that may be able to help is TBULL on here.

3. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I looking for a livewell. Tournament size I guess. I have a bait tank made out of a 55 gal drum like yours.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Another option a lot of guys use if they don't have the room to build in a permanent one is the old truck box livewell. Just take a poly or alumnium truck box and plumb it up. Put on the bilge and the filters, then either use a bucket....a pre-plumbed intake bilge, or get an inline rule bilge to fill and dump it. Seems to work well for guys, and if you want ideas or pictures PM me, I have a website made by doc lange that has photos of his old truckbox livewell.

6. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks guys! Any body else? Post up some Pics of your setups in your rigs!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man there isnt alot of boats out there that have built in livewells, unless its a big sea ark, or custom weld or something like that. Most of the guys just build one they can remove, usually truck boxes or large rubbermaid tanks.