Livewell finally complete!!!

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by mandingo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    after many trips to home depot and lowes and cabelas,my new livewell is complete.i still have to install it in the boat.i have a 92 tracker 17' deep v and i tore out the old livewell and took out the divider for storage and now it will all be livewell.its almost 7 feet long 1 ft.wide at top,8inches at bottom and 14 inches tall.im not sure the total gallons of water it holds but if i had to guess its probably 40-50.it is shaped the same way the old livewell was for a snug fit.every thing works,nothing leaks,seems like i should have no other problems.i am pretty proud of the finished product,its caused numerous headaches,and many days working outside when its below 30.thought id share some pics with everyone. PICT0049.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    here are some more PICT0050.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks nice!!Its got filters and its easy to drain so it should work real well.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Live well looks great, very nice work.
    I used your measurements and if it measures 10 inches to the bottom of the overflow you have a 36.37 gallon tank. If it measures 11" to the bottom of the overflow, you have a 40 gallon live well. If it measures 12" top the bottom of the overflow you have a 43.64 gallon tank.
    One cubic ft holds 7.481 gallons of water.

Again, very nice looking tank. Are those flow rite fittings in the tank. I just placed an order with them today.:big_smile: Did you do the welding? If so very nice work and I bet you got by cheaper than I did on my tank.:sad2::smile2:

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    thank you, i dont have any complaints so far.i filled it up about 3/4 the way full and turned on the recirq pump and everything worked as the way i planned with no leaks.i hope the install goes smooth cuz i wanna get out on the water.soon!:big_smile:

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    While I was figuring your tank volume I saw that Big Dave beat me to it.

I will add that assuming 12" to the overflow your water weight will be 363.85 lbs.

He was right on with the volume calculations too.

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That is like me sitting on that side of the boat at all times.:smile2::eek:oooh:

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Dav,yes they are all flow-rite fittings,power stream nozzzles and aerators.i kinda lost track on what i have invested but its close to 250.a good friend of mine did the weld job for a 30 pack of Bud.i had the recirq pump that i won at a tourney and i paid a guy 50 to bend the alluminum.the 4x10 sheet of aluminum was 110 and fittings,hose clamps,silicone,and hose made up the rest.i did cap off the ends at top for splash guards.

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    You did very well on that quality tank for that much invested.
    How would you rate the flow rite fittings? I ordered a bunch today so i hope they are quality.:eek:oooh:

Thanks
    David

10. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    so far no complaints.the service and shipping was excellent.i do like the idea of the quick-connect fittings so if something breaks or you want to change something,it can be done in seconds.i hope the venturi system will keep the cats alive during tourney hours:cross:

11. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I know there before the sale service was great. The guy I called has spent hours on the phone with me walking me through different options and helping me with some tricky plumbing that I have in my bait tank. Worked with me for about an hour today and that was the third time I have talked with him.
    i was going to do there pump out system with the valve and actuator systems. I talked myself out of that for now and decided to try and keep the plumbing as simple as five aerators and three lives wells can be.:smile2: i figured the less moving parts I had the better but i may back track and try the valve systems later.:tounge_out:
    Flow Rite's prices are not bad at all compared to other sources i have checked with for similar items. i was just curious about the quality. My order is suppose to ship tomorrow and I should have it by the end of the week.:big_smile:
    Thanks again for the info.:0a31:
    David

12. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
  13. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Nice livewell!! I love to see those beautiful aluminum welds, there's just something magical about them. I only see one problem with this setup.........no fish in it yet. What are you waiting for????:smile2:

14. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    man nice livewell did you build that thing

15. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Matt,well today is -7 outside and i still gotta lot of work to do.im trying to be ready by march.corey,with the help of a buddy who bent and welded the tank,i had all the pumps and fittings.

16. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Okay, we'll excuse you for a few more days then....i guess anyways

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Outstanding Caleb,Just Outstanding!!!!!! Thank's for Sharing. Now Go put some Cats in that Bad Boy Livewell. :wink: J.D.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  19. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    looks really good ! Should fit nicely in my 17 pro guide thanks !!!!:big_smile:

20. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    looks good mandingo. I take my hat off to you.