Livewell/Creel info:

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kat in the hat, Jul 21, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Many of you may be aware of this because you fish tournies, or are just savvy about how multiple anglers can put both of their fish into a livewell legally. I was not until recently. Me, and my fishing buddy have had this dilema/question...can we keep our fish together in the livewell legally? When the question would arise, neither one of us would have a code book handy, so I would put my fish on a stringer in the livewell. So, after getting tired of wondering about it, he called the local game warden. The answer was that as long as you can possitively identify your fish beyond question, it's OK to keep them together. He suggested putting a hog ring in their mouth, or something equivalent to that. What we did was we clipped the pectoral fin off of all my fish. Also, when we cleaned the fish, and put them into a cooler together, we cut the tail off of my fish leaving the anal fin for species ID reasons. We did get checked by a game warden, and this practice satisfied him. He searched our coolers, then we just shot the shat with him for a while. This is just FYI incase anyone besides me was wondering.

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the post. My buddy and I have been wondering about that too.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You can use big Diaper pins to mark your fish also. And makes it easy. I have 4 different colors fixed up and in my boat.
    Pete

4. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've always worried about how to keep them apart so I drilled holes in a piece of plexi glass and used it as a divider. It works real well.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've been on party boats saltwater fishing.One boat used a hole punch that you use for paper.Everyone was given a id spot.

example.

1) 1 hole in top of tail
    2) 1 hole in bottom tail
    3) 2 holes in anal fin

etc.....