liver on the rocks

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by armyfisher, Sep 26, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    i've tried many different homebaits most of which almost got me divorced:smile2: but the one that has produced the best results is this. grab 2 whole sardines a tub of chicken liver a small bottle of garlic powder 2 small slabs of beef liver blend it up until you have a real nice smelling paste mind you you might get divorced because of the smell but they'll get over it. get you some dixie cups the small ones the kids use or the ones you would use for jello shots fill the cups up about half way then freeze them. when they are done froze up take um out and stuff um in some cut pieces of panty hose( like you would normally do with chicken liver) throw a hook through it so the panty hose wont open use a treble or 2 hook bait holder. then throw it out and let everything thaw out and release that scent that will get um in. if you are going to try this let me know if it works for you, good luck out there brothers and keep a catching um.:smile2:

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    good one i might give it a try .
    i used to use alot of chicken liver and mastered putting it on a j hook
    but i got hooked on sonnys dip bait and might need theopy to get off .....:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    It is worth a try. I will try almost anything once. :wink:

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Anything that is liver get's my vote.

5. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    When i use liver early in the year for trot lines. take liver out of contaner microwave live to tuffin it up pu back in the juice to soak over night then fish. Do not microwave till gray!! 20 secs turn 20secs. GOOD TO Go

6. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Plus ad all your favorite goodes to the blood . garlic anise what ever works for you. Good Luck.