Liver for carp? it worked

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by iam2hi2flyinky, Sep 5, 2007.

1. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was fishing for channels on the ohio river last night and got 2 carp around 30 lbs on chicken liver, ive used this stuff for years and this has never happened. was just wondering if this was a just wierd or has this happened to anyone else?

2. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    I catch carp on liver about every other time I fish with them so I guess the'll hit them pretty regular. but last sunday I was catch'in striped bass on livers so I guess ya never know what your gonna reel in..:eek:oooh:

3. iam2hi2flyinky

State:
    kentucky
    i get alot of stripers on that stuff

4. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    those were the first striped bass I've caught on livers never knew they would hit them.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ive caught alot of small strypers on liver in the ohio river they love the stuff.As for carp Ive only caught one on liver ever.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have caught white bass, hybrid, stripers, carp, cats and big gills on liver. and lots and lots of turtles:angry:

7. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh yes the Turtles do love liver.

8. Pat Kelly

Pat Kelly New Member

State:
    Maryland
    There's some thought that the larger carp have increased predatory or meat-eating tendencies due to their larger protein and appetite requirements. Being omnivores carp will eat anything they can get their lips around...many times its just a matter that catfish beat them to the meaty baits!:eek:oooh:

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    caught a pike on liver but never a carp. must just have been a hungary one,like the pike i caught.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we catch carp on liver almost every time we use it. i also catch hybrid stripers and rainbow trout on it.

11. iam2hi2flyinky

State:
    kentucky
    well glad to see im not alone so now i know what to do if i really just want to catch some carp :smile2: