live wells in a bass boat drain where?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by daniel-delarosa, Aug 18, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Do the live wells in a bass boat drain into the hull? My buddy got a bass boat and he had a bunch of water in it after loading it back up. We thought maybe the live wells had a little to do with it.

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    My Champion drains out the rear, There is two hole the main drain and the overflow. I would guess either its an older boat or he has a hose off or split.

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    the overflow tube could be stopped up with something and allowing water to get over the top of the livewell and into the hull ..............

4. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Sounds like either the overflow is stopped up, or the drain hose's have a split or crack... Also some bass boats are equiped with a valve for the drain, which can go bad, and wont shut off...

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Worse case scenario. A cracked hull.
    Seen cracks that only leaked sitting still and seen them only leak underway.
    Also check the thruhulls. Them cheap nylon thru hulls have a tendency to crack with age. Check the backing nut for cracks too.

6. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma
    This would be my bet. Mine will overflow even if it is working properly, it pumps faster than it drains.